As technology progresses, so do the lenses. They were made entirely of glass in the past. Today, most of them are made of high-tech plastics. These new ones are thinner, do not crack as easily as glass, and can be handled with a filter to protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet radiation. One can easily find such Prescription glasses online.
Types of lenses
- Polycarbonate-These impact-resistant lenses are nice if you play sports, work where your eyeglasses can easily be destroyed, or have children that are rough on their details. They’ve also built-in UV defense.
- Trivex – They are made of newer material, similar to polycarbonate lenses. They are lightweight, thin and impact resistant. Some people may also be better at correcting their vision.
- High-indicated plastic-If you need a decent prescription, these lenses are lighter and thinner than the old-school super-thick lenses that you may have had in the past.
- It’s Aspheric – They have different degrees of curvature. This ensures that they can be lighter and flatter so that you can use a much greater portion of the surface.
- Photochrome – Sunlight switches from transparent to tinted. You will no longer need sunglasses, although they may not darken in your car if the windscreen blocks UV rays.
- Polished sunglasses – These lenses eliminate the glare from the surface like water, so they’re perfect for sport and driving. But they can find it hard to see the liquid crystal display on the dashboard of your vehicle.