For all those expats insured via the CMU, the French authorities will give them until end of March 2008 to find private health insurance. However these changes won’t affect retired people receiving a state pension from the UK. They will keep their health insurance in France via form E121.In the short term, new arrivals in France don’t need to worry as they can be covered for up to 2 years by using the E106 form- this cost being met by the UK government. Private health care will have to be taken out and paid for by these individuals in the long term though. Cover starts at around 1800 Euros per year for a healthy 60 year old requiring only basic cover and who is willing to pay a top-up himself for certain treatments.